
Well, since I decided to make a blog because of Chase, I guess I'll start with filling everybody in on his life! ...it was the evening of July 20th, my due date. I was scheduled for induction the next morning, but I really wanted to go into labor on my own. I ended up taking matters into my own hands. I took caster oil. BAD IDEA! I had the most violent diarrhea of my life - it was probably the most pain I'd ever endured up to that point. The pains lasted throughout the evening, and even into the night. I woke up the next morning to get ready to go to the hospital, and I felt pretty okay. About 15 minutes after I got out of the shower, I noticed that my underwear was wet. At first I thought maybe I had just lost control of my bladder and leaked a little bit... However, more liquid kept coming, and I soon realized that my water had broken, but it was just a slow leak break. I finished getting ready and got to the hospital at 7:30 am - a half hour before I was supposed to be induced! When I was checked, I was 2 cm, so they let me walk around and I really started to feel the contractions. Forty-five minutes later, I was checked again, and I was at 4 cm. The contractions started becoming really painful, so I opted for the epidural. Fifteen minutes later the nurse came in to check my progress, and to catheterize me, but I was already at a 10! The nurse was shocked! Five more nurses came in just to make sure! They started calling me Miss Lightning Bolt. Anyway, Chase ended up being born at exactly 12:30 pm, July 21st! He weighed 7 pounds, 15 1/2 oz, and was 21 inches long. He was/is perfect! After about an hour they tried to move me to the recovery room, but I started to hemorrhage. They determined that it was because they were unable to catheterize me after the epidural. They were practically jumping on my uterus to get it to contract! It was pretty painful, but everything turned out okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment